Saturday, May 07, 2005

The Party Is Over ... And I Missed It!

Well, Cream successfully finished their fourth and final reunion concert last night at the Royal Albert Hall in London.

I've read every review of the concerts that I could find from magazines and newspapers around the world. Every single one of them said that they were good or even better. But considering the musical talent that these three musicians have, could one really expect anything else?




For those who are interested, I am including the links to several of the concert reviews (unfortunately, some of the younger reviewers spent more time writing about the age of the performers and the audience -- but what else could be expected from music critics):

Modern Guitars Magazine (Night 1, Night 2, Night 3, Night 4)

Update: I talked to my brother today, who just returned from Europe yesterday (May 13th). He said the concert (May 3rd) far exceeded his expectations! The band was tight, the sound excellent and the musicianship exceptional considering that the "lads" were playing the kind of music in their 60's that they had been playing in their 20's. With the help from his connections at a famous London insurance company, he sat in the stalls 15 yards from Jack Bruce and right at eye level. Apparently, everyone in that section had connections since Bryan Adams sat right behind him and Pete Townsend sat a couple of rows back! I just hope that the DVD comes out soon so I can see and listen for myself what I missed!


|